Archive for the ‘Finished Project’ Category

Raspberry Pi Foundation’s Maker Faire “Blocks”

Sunday, September 24th, 2017

Untitled

I made the “blocks” that the Raspberry Pi Foundation used for this year’s Maker Faire in New York. Sort of a retro science fair kind of vibe. I had major deja vu making these, as a kid I used to hammer nails into blocks and wire up simple circuits. I’ve come full circle.

Thanks for the project Matt.

DKQeLgEUMAAoGZuB

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Magnet Clock

Friday, September 22nd, 2017

I built a project for the newly rebranded Bantam Tools. The Magnet Block is a kinetic sculpture built using magnets, a clock mechanism, and some milled parts.

IMG_1884

MVI_1890

MVI_1883

If you’re interested, take a look.

Milled Brass Spring

Friday, June 16th, 2017

Untitled

I recently milled this (compression?) spring out of 20 gauge brass. It was basically an experiment, I have no real use for it. It works surprisingly well and has that old-timey clockwork look.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Tesla Valve

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017

Untitled

Been meaning to make a Tesla Valve for a long time. It still amazes me that this works with no moving parts.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 4.38.36 PM

The Sleeping Machine

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017

Untitled

The Sleeping Machine was one of my favorite experiments to come out of the 100 Days of Making class I took part in. It’s a simple crank mechanism made of laser cut acrylic, attached to a DC motor gear box.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Maker Project Lab, Maker Update 21

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017

Once again Donald Bell has been kind enough to mention a project of mine in his weekly Maker Update.

Untitled

Flick Face is a kinetic “sketch” that is part of my 100 Days of Making, a collection of movement experiments and ideas.

Flick Face

Day 37: Flick Face. Perf board, LEDs, coin cell battery, battery holder, resistors, hookup wire, and springs. I made some whisker switches using the springs from ball point pens I got at the bank. The circuit kind of looks like a face and you get the best results when you flick the board.

Vacuum Formed Project Enclosure

Monday, December 5th, 2016

Untitled

Finally, finished an idea I’ve had kicking around for a little while. I vacuum formed some styrene over a stepper motor circuit board, to be a quick custom project enclosure.

Untitled

I formed it directly over the circuit board. After a little trimming and sanding, the cover fits great.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Cam Shaft

Tuesday, October 25th, 2016

Cam Shaft

Just milled a cam shaft out of delrin. Been meaning to make this part for some time now.

Cam Shaft

Building Bumpers

Monday, October 24th, 2016

Untitled

Putting together a system for a window display. The area is incredibly tight and we need everything to ride on a rail. We also need some bumpers to prevent everything going off the rails. Cobbled this guy together from some nuts, a bolt, washers, and a rubber stopper.

Untitled

Video Sculptures

Wednesday, October 19th, 2016

Video Sculptures

Just finished two walnut pieces for a Gabe BC video sculpture. Glued up the walnut blanks, then turned them round, then on to the 4-axis CNC for some milling, then back to the lathe to finish it all off. Video screens fit inside and original content will be running on them soon.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled